Selection of the first programs to be funded by the Cycladic Identity initiative
On February 20th, 2023, the first period of proposal submission for program funding by Cycladic Identity was completed. The invitation was addressed to 35 organizations that are active in the Cyclades in the areas of Culture, Biodiversity and Intangible Heritage, the three main pillars of the initiative. 25 applications from 11 islands were submitted, and were subsequently evaluated by the members of the Scientific Committee, based on a predefined list of criteria.
According to the evaluation of the Scientific Committee, 9 of these proposals address the initiative’s objectives in a well- developed and creative way, and their prospect for a significant positive impact on the local communities and the visitors of the islands is clear. Following the review and approval of these proposals by the members of the Advisory Board, the following programs will be funded in 2023, with a maximum implementation duration of 12 months and a maximum funding amount of €10,000:
- Amorgos | “Intangible cultural heritage of Amorgos- recording traditions” – Municipal Public Benefit Organization of Amorgos
- Andros | “Traditional water management practices in the central mountainous area of Andros: Recording, preservation, interpretation and promotion actions” – Center for Contemporary Research and Action for Andros, in short Andros Research Center
- Donousa | “Development of a website for hosting, maintaining, and promoting the Oral History Archive of Donousa” – POSEIDON Cultural and Environmental Association of Donousa
- Ios | “Cycladic youth gaze” – Cinemathesis
- Kea | “Listen to the story..” – Center for the study & dissemination of myths & folktales
- Kea | “Recording traditional instrument players of Kea to safeguard, preserve and promote traditional music as intangible cultural heritage” – Municipal Public Benefit Organization of Kea
- Mykonos | “Recounting and documenting the art of drystone walling (xerolithia)” – Municipal Enterprise for the Environmental Protection, Education and Development of Mykonos
- Paros | “Ancient Quarries of Paros- stability and accessibility of underground tunnels” – Paros Ancient Marble Quarries Park MAKE
- Sikinos | “Paths of Culture in Sikinos: Creation of a navigation and information application” – Hellenic Society for the Environment and Cultural Heritage (ELLET)
We wish success to all the organizations and look forward to seeing the results of these first programs!